Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus memories

Welcome to my new blog site. I will be posting a memoir written by my father about his years in the Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus and his time during World War 11. He was a trapeze artist and when the war broke out he was drafted into the military as a army paratrooper. His memoir is a fascinating account of a day and time that no longer exists, the circus traveling under the Big Top. His memories of the war are well documented and he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his military achievements. (He never received his medal, by the way)

I hope you enjoy the trip back in time.
I will be starting the memoir with information or a prologue to introduce you to his remarkable family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.cleeandcompany.com UA-11301203-1